Thursday, June 14, 2018

Chocolate Chips and Herald Sulahian

One of the fondest childhood memories for Marash Girl was the visits made to our home by our cousins, the Sulahian family.  Why?  Aside from the fun, it was the chocolate chips.  Chocolate chips, you ask?  Yes!  Chocolate chips.  Because all of the kids in the family loved chocolate chips, Mother Jennie could not keep them in the house unless she placed them on the very top shelf of the kitchen cabinet.  That worked.  It worked, that is, until Marash Girl's cousin Herald visited.  Herald is very tall and he, too, loves chocolate chips, or did, way back then.  I wonder if he still does . . .

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I’m Tolgahan. I’m a Turkish guy living in Marash/Maraş/Kahramanmaraş. I read some of what you wrote and I learned a lot of things i didn't know. Is there anything you want to know about the city or is there any place in the city you'd like to see? like Hartlap (old Armenian village) or Dereköy, etc. I can send you photos of any place you want and you can me ask anything you want. I'd be happy to help. After all, we're both from here. Greetings from Maraş “ede” my mail: lizsttt@icloud.com

    ReplyDelete