Thursday, February 26, 2015

Turkish Man from Aintab Dreams of Return of Armenians

Facebook post by

I DEMAND MY ARMENIAN NEIGHBOURS BACK IN AİNTAB
  • Robin Thomson Thats my dream.Thats in my heart.I have been grown in armenian quarter in Aintab.Whenever I see armenian homes I dream on that I wish they could come back here again and we could be neighbours forever.

    Would that all of his countrymen felt the same way!

    N.B. Marash Girl's maternal grandparents hail from Aintab (now known as Gaziaintab), a city in southeast Turkey and "among the oldest continiuosly inhabited cities in the world" . . . Yester Bosnian and Garabed Vartanian but were fortunate enough to see the "handwriting on the wall" and left Aintab very early in the 20th century, before the mass slaughter (1908) and before the genocide (1915-1922). They settled in Cambridge, Massachusetts

0 comments:

Post a Comment