Friday, August 28, 2020

THREE EGGPLANT RECIPES, THREE GENERATIONS!


3 Eggplant Recipes, 3 Generations

Last Friday when I picked up my farm box downtown, the Hadley farmer gifted me a large round eggplant on top of my full box of local veggies. My mother shared eggplant recipes from her mother, with my siblings and I. Here are the three recipes, in my mother's words. I made the first one. It is delicious and a great hangover cure too, nice and fatty and salty, but not too heavy.

Fried Eggplant with Egg
Wash the eggplant chop off the stem. Sliced Into thin Round slices. Dip both sides into a dish that has beaten egg in it. Put into hot oil fry for a minute on one side and then flip and fry on the other side. Serve immediately with salt and fresh sliced tomatoes

Eggplant Salad
Another grandma recipe: broil the egg plant until it is soft and squishy inside. Remove carefully from oven. When slightly cold cut the egg plant in half and remove the flesh from the skin. Mash with a fork. Add chopped fresh tomatoes and chopped fresh scallions. Served cold as a salad. Add salt and pepper and red pepper to taste before serving

Eggplant Dolma
You can also make dolma by picking baby egg plants chopping the stem off and digging out carefully the energies leaving the thin out a thin outer shell. Then continue as you would when you make Dolma.

THANK YOU,  KAROUN, FOR THE PHOTO AND THE RECIPES!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment