Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Today I saw an Armenian searching for food from the garbage.

 Dear Marash Girl,

Today I saw this man searching for food from the garbage. 


I couldn't stay inactive. I stopped and asked "Hye es?" ("Are you Armenian?)   

He said, "Ayo!" ("Yes," in Armenian.)  I gave him a small amount of $ and asked him to buy food, not to eat from the garbage. 

God bless you. 

​Garo Derounian​
Researcher
Beirut, Lebanon
Tel: 00961 3 546247
Email: garoderounian@hotmail.com

N.B. Marsh Girl writes, "​God save our people from starvation.  Readers, please help if you can, by donating money to the Armenian Missionary Association of America, 31 W Century Rd, Paramus, NJ 07652
to help our people, the Armenians in Beirut, Lebanon.

3 comments:

  1. There is saying "Armenians never beg" "Armenians can make bread from stone" Nowadays Situation chaged and difficult life made this armenian to search food from garbage.

    ReplyDelete