Sunday, April 25, 2021

I'm So Happy And Here's The Reason Why. . .

When Marash Girl was a little girl, she attended Sunday School at the United Armenian Brethren Evangelical Church in Watertown, Massachusetts, a church established by those who had survived the genocide of the Armenian people which occurred between the years of 1915 and 1922. The preacher of our church, Rev. Vartan Bilezikian, was himself a survivor the Armenian Genocide (see yesterday's blogpost). Students from Gordon College were Marash Girl's Sunday School teachers. Young, enthusiastic, and committed, they taught her and her classmates to love Jesus, to live according to Jesus's teachings. But that's not all they taught. They taught wonderful Sunday School choruses, many of which Marash Girl remembers to this day. and here's one she finds herself singing often! "I'm so happy and here's the reason why, Jesus took my burdens all away; Now I'm singing as the days go by, Jesus took my burdens all away." "Once my heart was heavy with a load of sin, Jesus took the load and gave me peace within; Now I'm happy and here's the reason why, Jesus took my burdens all away." An upbeat (children's) hymn written by Stanton Gavitt . . . a hymn Marash Girl loves to sing as she takes her morning walk. Check out the song on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKA_jOdxEH0. You'll be so happy because Jesus took your burdens all away AND because you will be able to sing along with the pianist. Happy Palm Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. You can see that Marash Girl really loves this song, as she's posted twice about it in the last month!!!!

    ReplyDelete