Tuesday, December 28, 2010

BUY A PAIR OF SNOWSHOES!

Let me live in the house by the side of the road and shovel my sidewalk and encourage my neighbors to shovel theirs so that we can all still go for walks, even though it's winter and the wind is blowing and the land is covered with snow! Maybe that's what being 'a friend to man' means in New England in the winter!

My father would say, 'Mind your own business! What do you care what other people do as long as you're doing what's right!' But I do care. I'd really like, on a beautiful sunny day following two days of blizzard, to be able to take a walk along the side of my short little street. Maybe the answer is to buy a snow blower and do what my dad may have wanted me to do. Snow blow my way down the length of the avenue's sidewalk, so that we all can take a jaunt whenever the spirit moves us and the weather permits. Either that, or buy a pair of snowshoes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment