Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Two Gloves, Two Stories

In Marash Girl's youth, there were two gloves and two stories.

When Marash Girl first went out with Marash Boy, it was a cold autumn day in Harvard Square. They were walking through the Square, heading for a concert of kanoun music.  When Marash Girl told Marash Boy she was cold, he offered her his gloves!

At another time, Marash Girl was going out with a fellow she wasn't that keen on, even though he was Marashtsi! [Clearly this person was NOT Marash Boy!]  When he tried to hold her hand, she pulled her hand away, and he was left holding the glove!

3 comments:

  1. That's interesting. When I flew my girlfriend to Boston, also on a cold autumn day, my girlfriend was terribly cold, having flown up from Miami, Fl. Walking down Boylston St, myself dressed for the autumn cold, i suggested we enter the nearest store appropriate for the occasion. I bought her a winter coat, gloves, and shoes, and she shivered no more. I guess it is all in the hand you shake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when that happened, because we laughed about it for days afterwards. If I remember correctly, the man did not like cats. He had a quiet persona, and became a well known medical doctor. Marash boy had charisma and was smart enough not to not like cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tender moments! I have a similar recollection, though not so gallant. I was cross-country skiing with a friend on a bitterly cold day in Upstate NY. Although we both had gloves, I had much better circulation, so my hands and gloves were much warmer. We wound up exchanging gloves every five minutes!

    ReplyDelete