Monday, March 28, 2011

FARMER'S MARKET, TAKOMA PARK, MARYLAND, MARCH 20, 2011

We just planted our peas (actually before St. Patrick's Day) and now we're off to the Farmer's Market on the first day of Spring! Yay! My sister is at Confirmation Class which is why she couldn't come with us.
I didn't grow these, but maybe someday I will, and I do have peas planted, if the deer don't get them!
GIANT EGYPTIAN PAPYRUS - Is this really what the Egyptians made paper out of?
      Ama loves signs, so I let her take pictures of all of the signs at the Farmer's Market; after all, she's just a tourist!



And I really love dogs, but little ones!
Did you know that you can use your credit card at our Farmer's Market?
That's what I learned when I asked this woman if I could play with some of her wooden nickels and she said no!



We always buy local if we can; we belong to the Takoma Park Co-Op!

I loved tasting the cheese, but I loved the little plastic spoons even more! Ama said I could keep mine.





Ama thinks these mushrooms are beautiful -- yuk! I'm glad I don't have to eat them!

I wish we didn't eat breakfast before we came, but I was hungry!
I want to hold that little lamb!

Walking to the Farmer's Market, I found this at a yard sale, a yard sale where everything was free!




Ama loves apples because Otro Baba and Uncle Paul used to grow them in her backyard when she was growing up!
I asked the man how many goats he had; he said 400! I asked him if he brought any of his goats with him, or if I could visit the goats on his farm; the answer was no, unless Ama could take me there when I was supposed to be in school!  That's okay; I'll go visit the goats in Monson, Massachusetts, this summer.
A lot of walking and playing and I think I'll just take a nap.  Kisher Pari!

3 comments:

  1. Those mushrooms are beautiful.

    Check out my blog @ http://cajunlicious.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss my adorable nephew and godson! And his sister too! Can't wait to see you both next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tour - the sign photos are very much appreciated, esp the goat farm one, and all the produce looks wonderful - Especially the mushrooms!

    I hope your garden survives the deer

    ReplyDelete