Saturday, June 28, 2014

Through the eyes of an adult . . . JERSEY BOYS - a must see . . .

'Jersey Boys . . . You must see it,' reports Marash Martha. . .  'Any film that Clint Eastwood does is not to be missed! It's about Frankie Valli (who, 37 years ago, at an intersection in Sherman Oaks, asked me how to get to the airport)!'  She writes, 'As I recall, he really wanted to say hi to my three beautiful daughters; then after asking for directions to LAX, he asked, "Don't you know who i am?  I'm Frankie Valli and I am performing in Las Vegas"!  I had no idea who he was, but my three daughters knew exactly who he was and started singing his famous song, SHERIE!'

And more recently, Marash Martha's daughter Ali reports that she often sees Frankie Valli at the supermarket in Sherman Oaks!  What does she say about him?  "He's short!"

Marash Girl must head out to her local movie theatre to see JERSEY BOYS, a film that WBUR's HERE & NOW thought well of . . . well enough to interview Jersey Boys'  star performer, John Lloyd Young (who called Robin Young his "sister") . . . John Lloyd Young, the actor who took Jersey Boys from Broadway to the screen.  Great interview -- listen to it before you head out to see the movie!

0 comments:

Post a Comment