Friday, March 30, 2012

Love and Sorrow

Wednesday evening, at a Newton bi-monthly Knitting Circle, Ann-Louise shared a joke that she had found recently in a book of Jewish jokes at her local book store. She didn't buy the book, but she remembered the joke.  Here it is.


A young Jewish man, after asking his girlfriend, a young Native American woman, to marry him, invited the girl to his home to meet his mother.


Hello, the young woman said to her fiancé's mother.  I'm Laughing Water.


Hello, answered the young man's mother.  I'm Sitting Shiva.

2 comments:

  1. I would find that joke more amusing if I hadn't too many stories about real life Jewish mothers like that. Marko Pasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would find that joke more amusing if I hadn't too many stories about real life Jewish mothers like that. Marko Pasha

    ReplyDelete