Saturday, September 1, 2012

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock."

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in . . .  Revelations 3:20 (King James Version) Image courtesy of Google and Marash Girl's Memory

How often do we hear that still voice within us?  How often do we ignore that still voice within us?  

Recently, chatting with a friend about the old days, Marash Girl remembered the picture of Jesus knocking at an ancient wooden door, the picture which hung on the wall of a room in her house when she was growing up.   Her friend said, "Why, I have that very image hanging on my bedroom wall!  I'll send you the image." But when she sent the image to Marash Girl, it was not the image Marash Girl remembered.  Quite desperate to find the image she remembered, Marash Girl went to Google and there she found it, (see above), the painting by American artist Warner Sallman (1892-1968).

1 comment:

  1. Deeply moving picture. Says it all @ the gentleness of Christ, and why all are without excuse.
    I remember that picture. Was it in the attic apartment of our grandparents?

    ReplyDelete