Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Jennie kissed him!


"My name is Jennie, with an ie at the end, NOT a y at the end like the gas station," she said with a twinkle in her eye! 


Peter loved his Jennie (with an ie), and loved to recite the poem below for his Jennie (Lucille Mae) Vartanian Bilezikian; he always recited it with an ie, of course, so Marash Girl will take editorial liberty here to do the same, recording below James Henry Leigh Hunt's poem in memory of Peter and Jennie's love.

Jennie Kissed Me

Jennie kissed me when we met,

Jumping from the chair she sat in;

Time, you thief, who love to get

Sweets into your list, put that in!

Say I'm weary, say I'm sad,

Say that health and wealth have missed me,

Say I'm growing old, but add,

Jennie kissed me. 
James Henry Leigh Hunt

0 comments:

Post a Comment