Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Blizzard of 2013

We, the people of Massachusetts, were not disappointed, the storm did arrive,  the governor banned all cars from the roads (with a $500 fine and jail time for those who did not obey and were caught) and although only two feet of heavy snow fell as opposed to three, and certainly not with the intensity or depth of the blizzard of '78 (that story will have to wait for another blog), the storm had power, duration and depth.  

After many warnings from her children NOT to go out and shovel, Marash Girl, who, all her life, has been the first out shoveling, was about to head out yet again to attack the depths of the snow, when Marash Boy stopped her with an age-old saying from the Armenians of Marash, a saying that brought her to her senses:

Allah beni para ver, seni akil! (May God give me money,  you . . .  brains!)

Finally, she understood.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that MB spoke up, and that you understood! I am restively hanging out INSIDE while some of the 6 younger people in my building, and/or the guy I have paid to dig me out, do the job. At least I got some Valentine cards written (low priority job, but that is what I am reduced to doing).

    ReplyDelete